I saw a recent article in Newsweek about a "intuitionist", who recently had published a book that became a best seller. This gal seems really cool, and apparently she is making mega bucks as an adviser to corporate leaders.
However, I was thinking that really a good astrologer has so much more to offer. She may have a good "hunch" but an astrologer can put a date on that "hunch", relate the "hunch" to overall development, and really create a holistic profile.
I have had a great deal of experience suggesting the value of intuition, especially at important decision making times, and I always try to be open to intuitive impressions when I am working on an individuals horoscope. However to put this in perspective: if intuition is the butter, Astrology is the bread, the bread has much more substance.|
A couple points to consider:
1. A skillful astrologer will put a great deal of time into uncovering the different levels of information that the horoscope can offer each client, generally speaking, an intuitionist puts very little time into their gaining their “hunch”. And many Astrologers use intuition as they prepare for their consultation with a client.
2. Many “Psychics” seem to be focused on sensationalism, most, but not all, Astrologers are focused on empowering individuals to maximize their live potential.
3. Ignorance really is not bliss, contemporary Astrology can in a very rapid consultation uncover a very realistic view of an individuals live processes.
4. A Psychic may be quite entertaining, and perhaps occasionally helpful in a short term crisis, but an experienced Astrologer can offer life changing guidance based upon realistic life behavioral patterns.
5. Astrology also offers the prediction element and I do feel that the predictive side has a great deal of value. Some Astrologers prefer to stay with just the birth chart analysis. But when you see those cycles and behavior trends so clearly you can almost nail down the persons most likely future behavior without even a look at future Astrological trends. When you see this analysis segue from past to future, it happens so naturally that their is little to criticize. And there is a lot of new science to suggest that the the idea of predictive Astrology is really not that unusual.
6. An Astrologer and a Psychic can not provide long term mental health guidance for those that are emotionally disturbed, distraught, or depressed, a qualified psychological counselor is required.
7. However for average person trying to really make sense of their lives, I would suggest that Astrology has a great deal to offer. Astrology is like psychology in many ways, but it is actually something different. The color, depth, and broad spectrum of meaning of the sign, planet and house archetypes suggest mythological pathways to healing, that are quite unlike the methodologies that the various psychological schools use. I also can see in so many cases where intervention is needed and psychologists and the system fails.
7. On the point of qualification, there are many different schools of Astrology, and different ideas about accreditation. But one thing all experienced Astrologers have in common are years of study that will equal and probably exceed the study effort required in many professional courses of study.
8. There are many critics of Astrology, but the following may help those who have not yet drawn an opinion on the subject. “As a young man studying mathematics, (Sir Isaac) Newton also studied Astrology. An often-repeated thought probably apocryphal tale is that the astronomer Halley kidded Newton about his interest in astrology. Newton, it is said defended himself by asserting, ‘I have studied the subject, Mr. Halley, and you have not.’ In any event Newton never recanted his belief in astrology, nor did he ever imply that the new science he and his contemporaries were creating invalidated astrology in any way.” [Astrology Encyclopedia, James Lewis, ‘94]
9. A final note, there are many, many web sites that will offer an astrology print out report on your horoscope. If you are so inclined to seek guidance from an Astrologer, find one that will offer real time to review your horoscope followed by an actual consultation. Also before you come to an agreement, feel free to ask questions about their approach and experience.
Author Bio :
Article offered by Joseph
Number of comments for this article : 0