What is a “Locked Phase” ?|
Some schools of feng shui call it “the Imprisoned Star” and in Master Sang’s school we refer to it as a “locked” phase....It is a cycle that every house must go through at some time or another. Just like a certain time frame in a woman’s life, when she must go through menopause, the Locked Phase of a house will be a time frame when the negative aspects of a house are more likely to influence the occupants. If a house type is already prone to accidents, illness, or arguments--then the Locked phase will make it worse.
HOW LONG DOES THE “LOCK” LAST?
The longest Locked Phase will last for twenty years. There are also annual locks that repeat every nine years. And there are even monthly locked phases, but most practitioners do not concern themselves or their clients with a negative phase of such short duration. But an example of a monthly lock might be experienced as a “bad month.” Perhaps in that month there could be illness or a decrease in income.
WHAT ARE ALL THE EFFECTS OF A LOCKED PHASE?
If a house is in a “People Lock” it could make a challenging marriage worse, it could make it difficult to get pregnant, or intensify any particular problem associated with health or relationships. If a house is in a “Money Lock,” then the income of the occupants could decrease mildly to significantly or contribute to any type of career-related aggravations.
Sometimes a house can be “locked” for money and for people at the same time or in consecutive years. As an example, a house which faces West and built in the 1950"s is currently in its 20-year Money Lock (1984-2003) and on top of it, in 1997 that same house was also in a one-year People Lock.
WHAT ARE THE REMEDIES FOR THE LOCKED PHASES?
Whether a house is locked for money or for people and whether it is in a 20-year lock or just a one-year lock, the remedy is the same: the occupants must be able to HEAR and SEE circulating water. Indoor and outdoor water falls can be quite effective in reducing the effects of the locked phase.
• You should not rule out buying a house in a one-year lock because it will be over in 12 months or less!
• A house that is just beginning or in the middle of a 20-year lock may not be the best choice just because of the duration of the lock.
• Theoretically, placing water fountains or aquariums anywhere in the house where you can see and hear them will “unlock” the lock; however, there are going to be some locations for water that will be better than others based on the energy patterns of each area of your house.
• When does a house enter the twenty year lock? It is different for each house type.
Some will enter a twenty-year lock shortly after being built, while other house types may not experience a 20-year lock for 40 or more years after it is built. A house has a major cycle that spans 180 years and at some point in those 180 years, there will be a 20-year money lock and a 20-year people lock.
• A house or building which has voluminous waterfalls, pools, or aquariums may not experience the locked phase at all.
• A house right on the beach with the sight and sound of water as a constant part of the living experience, may not experience a locked phase either.
• The Locked Phase is specific to the house. The occupants do not cause the locked phase.
• The Money Locked Phase will easily explain why a business may prosper for a number of years and then experience struggles during the locked time frame.
• The People Locked Phase for a business can contribute to employees not getting along and/or a high turnover of workers and lack of loyalty or a workplace plagued with gossip.
• The locked phase can be understood as an additional layer to the basic feng shui of the house, which complicates it unless remedied.
4 MAJOR HOUSE TYPES DEFINED
There are 216 basic house types based on when they are built and their compass orientation, but they can all be categorized as one of four major house types. These major classifications will influence all the other more specific details of the individual house.
It is like looking at a picture with a distinctive frame. One picture may have a gorgeous frame, but the painting itself is average. Or another picture may be quite wonderful, but it could have a really ugly frame around it. The two parts work together.
The best of the four major house types is considered essentially supportive for financial success and for health. It is sometimes referred to as “good for people and good for money.” One Chinese phrase for this house type is WANG SHAN WANG SHUI. It literally means “strong mountain, strong ocean.” The mountain always represents people in their health and relationships. The ocean or water represents money or the flow of creativity, which yields career accomplishments.
The next best house is called “Double Sitting.” Since the Sitting or Mountain (back side) of the house represents people, the implication is that this house type is more supportive for people than it is for money. In some schools of feng shui, there is a priority that the health and relationships of the family matters a lot more than their wealth. We know in our culture that there are many rich people who are quite unhappy and unhealthy. We also have a saying that you cannot even enjoy your wealth if you don’t have health.
The third major house type is called “Double Facing.” Since the facing (or front side) of the house represents money, this is the house type that is sometimes called “good for money, bad for people.” So the occupants may do well financially, but not as well in their health or relationships.
The fourth house type is called “reversed.” Some texts translate the meaning as “out of place mountain star and out of place water star.” This house type is considered “bad for people and also bad for money.”
The reversed house type is extremely common and should not be considered a death sentence. There are many reversed house types that are easy to remedy and remembering that this is only the “frame” of the house, the picture inside may still be very good. As an example, if the reversed house happens to have a entrance in a really positive quadrant of the house and/or the master bedroom happens to be in the best area of the house---then this would compensate heavily in determining just how good the overall house is. And it is also true that not all WANG SHAN WANG SHUI houses have the best feng shui. There are many other factors to compare in a comprehensive assessment.
Author Bio :
Kartar Diamond specializes in traditional, classical Feng Shui, which reveals information about structures that other Schools of Feng Shui do not. Find out more about Kartar's credentials and services at http://www.FengShuiSolutions.net
Kartar has authored numerous books and e-books, to help the lay person better understand their spaces, including Feng Shui Tips for Businesses and Feng Shui Tips for House Hunters.
Number of comments for this article : 0